Sunday, May 25, 2014

Freezer Cooking 5/24/14




















Basic Run down of how it goes:

Turn oven on 400

Stove –
-          -Steam 1 bag of frozen broccoli
-          -3 cups pasta for lasagna (I actually use rotini and just mix everything together)
-          -Spaghetti Sauce (2 cans) and spinach (1 can) on low heat
-          -2 cups brown minute rice

Mix up Tamale Casserole base
-          -Combine 1 box cornbread mix, 2 eggs, ½ cup milk, chili powder, cumin, (optional 8oz shredded cheese, 1 can cream-style corn – I did not)
-          -Spray 9x13, put in oven for 20 minutes

Mix up Lasagna
-          -Combine in bowl pasta, spaghetti sauce with spinach (3/4 of pot), 8-10oz cottage cheese, garlic, ground beef
-          -Since I put everything immediately into the freezer, I don’t cook this any further

Stove –
-          -Pasta for alfredo pasta (I just use whatever I have: shells, rotini, etc)

Crock Pot
-          -Enchilada Stoup: 16oz chix broth, 1 can cream of chicken soup, cheese, 2+ cans of black beans, 1+ can of sweet corn, shredded chicken, diced green peppers, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of diced green chilies, diced onion, 10-15oz enchilada sauce
-          -There is not an exact science to this, I just add stuff, until it looks good J

Mix up Tamale Casserole topping
-          -Combine shredded chicken, 10oz enchilada sauce, pock holes with fork in your cornbread base, spread topping over and then cover in cheese
-          -Put back in oven for 20 minutes

Mix up Tater-Tot Casserole
-          -Combine 1 package tater-tots, the rest of the spaghetti sauce or 1 can of tomato sauce, ketchup, 1 can of cream of chicken soup (basically you want enough sauce to cover all the tater-tots, so you kind of have to keep adding until it’s not dry)
-          -I usually add green beans to this mix (I put them briefly in the food processor
-          -Season with garlic, chili powder and worcestershire sauce
-          -Dump the mixture in a sprayed 9x13 and bake for 45 minutes 


















      Mix up Alfredo Pasta 
-          -Combine Pasta, 1 jar alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli (I put mine in the food processor after it is steamed), garlic, Italian seasoning, shredded chicken

Mix up Mexican Rice
-          -Combined cooked rice, 1+ cans of black beans, ¾ can sweet corn, 8-10oz salsa, cheese, cumin, taco seasoning, shredded chicken, green peppers, onion, green chilies

Finish enchilada stoup
-          -After everything has cooked a little while I add about 2 cups of broken tortilla chips (I save the broken chips at the bottoms of the bags and store them in the freezer until I am ready to make this)
-          -Let the stoup cook until the chips are soft and the stoup is thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment